Choosing The Best Dissertation Topics On Social Work
Don’t judge a book by its cover
When you think of social work, writing long dissertation essays doesn’t actually come to mind. It seems more of a field work kind of a subject. However, you are required to right a dissertation on social work as a part of your course work for final evaluation. It might be difficult to choose a proper topic for the essay, but you are advised to right on something that you have already worked on. If you have started planning from well before time, here are a few ideas that might help you decide.
If you are yet to decide on a topic for your social work and dissertation essay, then consider the following broad categories.
- Case Studies – you can write on different case studies. It might be something you have done or experienced personally, or some famous case study on social work. These are very easy to write as they have a very non-formal tone.
- Famous Personalities – you can write on famous personalities as well. Chose a famous social worker and write about them. Concentrate less on their personal life, and more on their work. You might talk about their inspiration, but no point in discussing their educational details and family background, it only lengthens the dissertation.
- Impacts – you can write on the impacts of major influencing factors on social trends and behaviors. Many events occur that has an effect on the masses, or societies, transforming their lifestyle in parts or completely. These are worth studying, but require some research to be done on your part.
A few more advices on writing your social work dissertation essay
Having a good topic is not enough. You need to keep a few more points in mind.
- Do not put in unnecessary details. Know what is required for the dissertation and what is not.
- Do not deviate from the point. Make a point and stick to it for the rest of the essay.
- Chose a topic that is interesting and relevant. Digging up things from the past doesn’t get you good marks.
- Refer to research or work done o same or similar field by other people. Reading up on these things is not plagiarism. It only helps you write better.
If you keep these simple things in mind, and choose wisely, you will have the best dissertation ever.