25 Brilliant English Literature Dissertation Topic Ideas
Let us see some of the brilliant dissertation topics of the 17th, 18th and 19th century literature.
25 English literature dissertation topics:
Some of the 17th and 18th century English topics:
- The works of Milton compared to that of the bible. What do you find in common?
- Have a compare and contrast look on “Paradise Lost” and “the Fall from Greece”: try to talk about the redemption issues.
- The myth of the genesis and the literature of the 17th and 18th century.
- Who were the first literary explorer and how did it help to shape the world of the literary imagination in the 17th century and 18th century?
- William Wordsworth and his vision about the nature through his poetical imagination.
- What do you mean by the interior and the works of interiority in the 17th and 18thcentury.
- Who was Samuel Taylor Coleridge and what were his works about the problems if aesthetics?
- How did novels originated?
- Shakespeare and his plays. Talk about the ambience, the politics and the murder:
- How did the character of Romeo and Juliet develop throughout the play?
- Talk about the extreme brutality shown by Brutus and how did it justify the saving of Rome? Was he right?
- What was the significance of the witches in the Macbeth and how did they play one of the most instrumental roles in creating the plot?
- How did you judge the character of Lady Macbeth? How would you compare it with the first and the second half?
- “All’s well that ends well” has some mighty significances. How do you judge them?
- The plot of Shakespeare’s treacherous play and the present political scenario: compare and contrast?
Some 19th century literature dissertation:
- The poems of Robert browning and Elizabeth browning have had a lot of influence of love and communication. Talk about it.
- The works of Bulwer-Lytton and how did they relate it with metaphysical traditions?
- The works of George Elliot along with the religious doubts that he showed.
- What were the sources of Richard Jefferies’s inspiration?
- The works of Ruskin Bond and how important has it been to the world literature?
- The works of the sensational fiction and the inclusion of sex and violence?
- How did the religious imagination take a diversion in the 19th century due to the influence of literature?
- How did gender representation in gothic novel started?
- Gaskell’s work started changing the outlook of the Victorian family. Talk about it.
- Dickens and his imminent visualization.