20 Tips And Ideas For Creating A Successful Marketing Or Management Dissertation
Tips on writing your dissertation:
- Start way ahead of time, leaving no delays between starting, planning, and writing your dissertation.
- Spend weeks on the planning as this will ease the writing process. Planning should include a thorough outline, methods of research, and topic selection.
- Allocate specific times to the assignment and stick to those times religiously.
- Get a great topic by visiting the ‘Ideas’ section of this blog below.
- Line up at least 5 interviews in your research plan and gather the necessary contact details for each one.
- Prepare literature for review purposes and get clued up on how to compile a proper literature review.
- Get all your stats ready so that they can be used where needed.
- Write a little bit of content every day—even if it’s just a paragraph.
- Get a good sample dissertation on a similar topic from a reputable company.
- Learn some anti-procrastination techniques and write them down. Keep them close to your desk.
Ideas on how to come up with a great topic:
- Spend an entire day thinking about your topic and write down your considerations.
- Read at least 20 marketing blogs and keep 5 of the best ones on file for future reference.
- Get videos that pertain to your topic downloaded and ready to view.
- Get suggestions from business news sites and write some good ones down. Tweak them to fit into the direction you want to take with your dissertation.
- See what other dissertations about marketing and management are out there and determine to be different in your topic.
- Use stats to form a relevant topic that can be expanded upon.
- Get another outlook from someone who is not familiar with the subject. Ask them what they would want to read about if they were to pick up a marketing or management paper. Use their suggestion and spice it up for a topic.
- Use your sample dissertation as inspiration for a good topic.
- Balance your topic according to how much you can research and how much is available on the subject.
- Be clear about what you are contributing to the reader. Promise him or her that you will answer a pertinent question or give helpful advice on the subject.